Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Friday, May 05, 2006

More Action Knits! Live at 5!

This is going to be a brief post because in addtion to my knitting, I am working on another little project which I will show soon. For now, a few more photos of my past projects...this is my adorable little niece (like I had to tell you that) in her pumpkin hat. The first thing I ever knit was the strawberrry hat from an Ann Norling pattern for myself. I soon figured out the pumpkin thing all on my own and was pretty proud of it until I realized everyone else had it figured out too. Oh well. I felt better after I read somewhere that nothing in knitting is original anymore. Anyways, my niece has many knitted gifts but for some reason I never receive photos of her wearing those things (ahem, hint hint - I know you read this sister dear....)so for now, this is it. Also not pictured are the matching socks that I gave with this - I figured those out early on too (with the help of a booklet) - so why did lace scare me so much? Well, I've gotten over the fear of lace and Mrs. Yarn! has promised to show me how to do steeks when the time comes, so it's on to new things to conquer.

Here's another shot of the scarf - finished and truly in action at my birthday party. Gina is so cute and I think the colors worked out perfectly for her. Please don't laugh at the face I am making - I was most likely trying not to fall in this photo. Do note however, the fabulous "bling" on my neck. That was a lovely charm from the machine in the lobby of the skating rink. I felt like a rap star, I almost went out and got spinners for the draggin' wagon and some gold grills (you know, for the teeth - I have to explain this stuff to the family in the midwest who I am sure are very sorry they miss out on all the gangsta style we have here in Cali) unfortunately, I was too busy putting cream on my neck from the rash the chain gave me.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:20 PM, Blogger Janis said…

    HAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! You crack me up. Sorry about the rash :-)

     
  • At 10:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'll see what I can find--the dress you made I have pics of, but she's holding her piggy in front of it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home