Stories About Stuff

musings, ramblings and some unintelligible mutterings....

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Chez Stuff or Craptastic!

I fully intend on finishing my summer vacation saga - but a few things have taken over my attention. Such as the fact that getting to my underwear drawer in the morning requires major excavation. Please refer to the left - a few examples of the rooms in my house since Sweet Babboo and his twenty five foot truck full of things arrived permanently. It's not all bad - SB has many lovely man-type accessories with buttons and flashing lights that will make life easier or at the very least, more entertaining. For example, his TV is much nicer than mine, and I think his toaster is too - it matches my kitchen better anyways - that Black and Decker I got for college is still going strong, but it's not quite so aesthetically appealing as SB's fancy chrome one. BUT - there's a lot of other "stuff". My boy is a collector of the finest kind and it would be easy to get rid of if it were all junk - but it's not, it's nice stuff - just WAY too much of it. So I am slowly weeding out some of the obvious stuff in this batch. We'll have to go back and get rid of more later, but I figure if we take it in steps it will be less painful (and yes, I am getting rid of my stuff too - just in case you all were wondering if I was playing fair). So, when I am more or less dug out from the pile, I'll be sure to be more interesting - what with photos of orchids and all that...

In between boxes, I've been trying to work on the Icarus. I was so excited because I felt like I was getting in a groove and then I noticed this. Crap! Crap! CRAP! So, I am too damn lazy to pull all those rows out and decided to try and fix just the section.

So far, this is where I'm at. All I can say is - blame it on all those knitting blogs I read, because I sure wouldn't be nutty enough to try this without reading them.

OK, I think I can , I think I can, I think I can.

I'll get back to you on this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home